TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE SALES
These Terms and Conditions (“Conditions”) govern the supply of English sparkling wine and other complimentary gift lines (the “Products”) by the Grange Farm Partnership (trading as Raimes English Sparkling) of Grange Farm, Tichborne, Alresford, Hampshire SO24 0NE (“we”, “our” or “us”), to customers for delivery within the United Kingdom (a “Customer” or “you”) via our website at www.raimes.co.uk (the “Online Shop”).
The Customer agrees to be bound by these Conditions, which will be updated from time to time at our sole discretion. Permission to access or use the Online Shop is not granted to individuals who are not prepared to agree to be bound by these Conditions.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE WHEN BUYING ALCOHOL:
- AGE RESTRICTIONS – It is against the law in the UK for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy alcohol or for any person aged 18 or over to buy or attempt to buy alcohol for any person under the age of 18. By placing an order for Products via the Online Shop (“Order), the Customer undertakes that he or she is at least 18 years old.
- We are committed to upholding our legal and social obligations as a retailer of alcohol and will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. We reserve the right to refuse to accept an Order at our sole discretion if we have reason to believe that the Customer is under 18 years of age, or if we have reason to believe that the Customer intends to supply alcohol purchased via the Online Shop to individuals under the age of 18.
- If our couriers are in any doubt as to the age of the recipient of an Order, they will request some satisfactory form of ID and in the event they are not satisfied, they will be unable to complete delivery of the Order. Please see our delivery section below for further information. We reserve the right to validate the Customer’s name, address, age and other personal information supplied during the order process against appropriate third party databases for age verifications purposes and/or to request some suitable ID from the Customer in order to process the Order.
- Alcohol should always be consumed lawfully, responsibly and in moderation.
- Where you suffer from a medical condition, are undergoing medical treatment, are pregnant, and/or taking medication you are responsible for ensuring that you seek advice from a suitably qualified medical practitioner in relation to the consumption of alcohol.
- The Products contain glass and are heavy. Extra care should be taken when lifting and transporting the Products.
- Sparkling wines can be volatile due to the build-up of gas and extra care should be taken when transporting such goods and uncorking bottles, including angling the bottle away from the face and eyes.
- Each Order placed by a Customer will be deemed an offer and our acceptance of your Order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- We reserve the right not to accept any Order for any reason.
- In the event that a Product is unavailable when you place your Order, we shall contact you to arrange a replacement or refund.
- The images of the Products on the Online Shop are for illustrative purposes only. Your Products may vary slightly from those images and the packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our Online Shop.
- Deliveries for pre-order Products will take place after the release date specified.
- For Orders of all Products we normally aim to deliver within seven days* of your Order except where indicated. However, if it is not possible to come to a mutually agreeable delivery arrangement within this timeframe delivery may take longer and time of delivery shall not be of the essence. *We would normally expect to dispatch an order within 24 hours.
- The Customer accepts that we shall have no liability for loss, damage or expense suffered by the Customer or any third party arising from our failure to deliver on any specified date or time or place.
- If our supply of the Products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Products you have paid for but not received.
- The Customer is responsible for the accuracy of his/her Order and all delivery information supplied.
- We may use an independent courier. A signature may be required and, at the courier’s discretion, a suitable form of ID may be required, which the Customer must be ready to present on delivery of all Orders. If the Customer is unable to comply with these requirements for any reason, the courier will be unable to deliver the Order and we will not be responsible for any re-delivery charges arising as a result of having to rearrange delivery.
- In the event of a missed delivery please contact the details on the card left at your address. Your Order will be returned to our warehouse if they have not been collected from the courier 3 days after the second delivery attempt, and we reserve the right to pass on the cost of redelivery in this event.
- Neither us nor our courier shall be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by a Customer as a result of the courier carrying out delivery instructions given by a Customer and the Products being subsequently lost or stolen.
- Mainland UK delivery is a standard £10 charge per Order; except where special offers apply. There is no delivery charge for local Orders that can be collected from the cellar door.
- We do not deliver to destinations outside the UK. We are only able to deliver single bottles to the Channel Islands via Royal Mail service.
- The risk in the Products shall pass to the Customer immediately on delivery.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
- All prices for our Products are as shown on the Online Shop and are inclusive of UK VAT.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information shown on the Online Shop is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and Products may be mis-priced in genuine error. If we discover such an error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your Order or continue with the Order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your Order. We will not be obliged to supply Products at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- Full payment for Products purchased and any delivery charge is to be made at the time an Order is placed by credit or debit card or via PayPal.
- Title in the Products supplied to a Customer will not pass until full payment has been made for the Products.
RETURNS AND RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience and our cost.
- The Customer has a legal right under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 to cancel the Contract within fourteen (14) days after the date the relevant Order was accepted. However, we are only obliged to reimburse the cost of returning Products where they were delivered in error, or the Products were damaged or defective.
- Please note that the right to cancel does not apply to customised, bespoke or personalised Products nor Products which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- Should the Customer choose to cancel an Order, all charges will be refunded within fourteen (14) days of the Products being returned, provided they are in a saleable condition. All refunds will be made by the same payment method the Customer used originally to make payment. The Customer must make arrangements for the collection of the Order, at the Customer’s cost, within fourteen (14) days of notifying us of his/her intention to cancel the Contract, failing which we may decline to accept the Products or process the Customer’s refund request.
- If you are exercising your right to change your mind, we may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the Products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. For example, by opening a bottle of wine or removing a seal. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the Products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- If the Customer wishes to exchange a Product, additional shipping charges may apply together with the difference (if any) between the prices of the original and the replacement Product.
- Any return/refund or exchange requests, or questions concerning our returns and cancellation policy, should be addressed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Customers may also direct enquiries to Augusta Raimes on 07792 924914. Alternatively, for cancellations within 14 days in accordance with the above, our model cancellation form can be used [shown at the bottom of this document].
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- The Online Shop is only intended for the sale of Products for domestic and private use. The Customer agrees that he or she will not use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we shall have no liability in respect of any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity in any circumstances whatsoever.
- In the event of a complaint please contact Augusta Raimes on 07792 924914 or email@example.com. Complaints will be treated as confidential.
WEBSITE COUPON CODES:
- Coupon codes have no cash value and are not for sale. We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel coupon codes at any time.
- Gift vouchers can be used towards the cost of a tour and tasting and towards the cost of wine. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash. If your purchase exceeds the value of the gift voucher, balance must be paid by cash, debit or credit card. If your purchase value is less than the face value of the gift voucher redeemed, no change can be given. Gift vouchers are valid until the expiry date printed on them. In the event there is no expiry date expressed on them they will be valid for 2 years from date of purchase.
- Both parties confirm their intent not to confer any rights on any third parties by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These Conditions are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Conditions last updated January 2021
MODEL CANCELLATION FORM
(Complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
To: the Grange Farm Partnership (trading as Raimes English Sparkling) of Grange Farm, Tichborne, Alresford, Hampshire SO24 0NE firstname.lastname@example.org.
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate